Recipe by katii
A unique and exotic twist on a brownie, these delicious treats are a chocolate lover's dream.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup yogurt chips
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 16 banana chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt together butter and bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates over medium heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar.
- In bowl, whisk eggs, banana and vanilla; whisk into chocolate mixture in 2 additions.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into saucepan just until combined.
- Scrape into parchment-paper lined 8"x8" pan.
- Bake in centre of a preheated 350° oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to rack.
- Sprinkle with chocolate/yogurt chips and let stand for 5 minutes; spread to cover top.
- Spinkle with coconut and press down lightly.
- With tip of knife, score into 16 squares; top each with banana chip if desired.