1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Tropical Banana Bread
A moist and delicious banana bread for those unable to eat wheat gluten. It's a variation on GinnyP's Gluten-Free Banana Bread, which was pretty good, but lacked any type of flour. The coconut flour I've added in this version adds a little more depth to the flavor, as well as consistency in the batter. As with all gluten free breads, it's best when fresh, but by tightly wrapping the bread as soon as it cools, it stayed moist for several days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bananas, slightly over-ripe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade gluten free vanilla, Homemade Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray 9x4 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl, with a hand mixer, mash bananas. Add egg, brown sugar, oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- 4In small bowl, sift together potato starch, cornstarch, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, coriander and salt. (Sifting will better distribute the baking powder to avoid areas of bitterness.).
- 5Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing as much as possible, to ensure a uniform top.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 8Slice and enjoy immediately. Wrap any leftovers tightly in plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Tropical Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2020.9
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 2941.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 353.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 192.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: