Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Sally Wise recipe from "My Kitchen to Yours". Recipe makes 8 tortillas. You can use a dairy-free margarine if wished. Use a blended gluten-free plain flour for this recipe. Use for mexican style dishes. A good gluten-free option using pantry/fridge staples.
- Using a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal or polenta, salt and baking powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, add the eggs and water. WHisk until smooth.
- Lightly grease a frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, swirl to spread over the base to resemble a thin pancake. Cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- Do not allow tha pnacakes to brown as they will become too hard.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.