I found this recipe at lesleycooks.tripod.com where she has a gluten free category. I had posted a request for tortilla recipes on Zaar because I needed something like a wrap I could make up for my girl's school lunches. After trying a couple I was kindly given, I found this one had a great taste and texture my kids loved. While it may not strictly be a tortilla it meets the purpose. They freeze well if you separate them with greaseproof paper or baking paper. Do not be put off by the runny mixture, and do leave it to stand for 30 minutes before cooking. I doubled the mixture so I only had to make them once a fortnight - it made up 7 large ones, but the number will depend on the pan you use.
- Place the flours and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth then slowly beat in the water.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan until very hot then brush with oil.
- Make sure pan is still ver hot, pour in enough batter to just ocver the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over a high heat until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the edges begin to curl up.
- Flip the tortilla over cook the other side for 30 seconds only (altho I found it took longer).
- Transfer tortilla on to greaseproof paper and repeat with remaining batter.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.