1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Tortillas
I found this recipe at lesleycooks.tripod.com where she has a gluten free category. I had posted a request for tortilla recipes on Zaar because I needed something like a wrap I could make up for my girl's school lunches. After trying a couple I was kindly given, I found this one had a great taste and texture my kids loved. While it may not strictly be a tortilla it meets the purpose. They freeze well if you separate them with greaseproof paper or baking paper. Do not be put off by the runny mixture, and do leave it to stand for 30 minutes before cooking. I doubled the mixture so I only had to make them once a fortnight - it made up 7 large ones, but the number will depend on the pan you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flours and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- 2Add the egg and beat until smooth then slowly beat in the water.
- 3Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4Heat a medium sized frying pan until very hot then brush with oil.
- 5Make sure pan is still ver hot, pour in enough batter to just ocver the bottom of the pan.
- 6Cook over a high heat until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and the edges begin to curl up.
- 7Flip the tortilla over cook the other side for 30 seconds only (altho I found it took longer).
- 8Transfer tortilla on to greaseproof paper and repeat with remaining batter.
- 9Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 331.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: