Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is close to tasting like regular tortillas. I've never made tortillas homemade before but GF tortillas are not available in any of our local markets and I needed to learn. I use my cast iron 9" pancake skillet with just a little oil. I had to make several before I got it down pat. Cook time is approx. and per Tortilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil and water and mix well.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat (#7on my electric stove top).
- Brush skillet lightly with oil each time you pour new batter.
- For large tortillas I use a little over 1/2 cup of the batter.
- Pour batter into the skillet, turn using a large spatula.
- Cook until done.
- To keep them soft cover with towel.
Sorry, but I was disappointed with these. I'm not sure if it was my flours, but they took a long time to cook and were leathery and not very flavourful.