Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is close to tasting like regular tortillas. I've never made tortillas homemade before but GF tortillas are not available in any of our local markets and I needed to learn. I use my cast iron 9" pancake skillet with just a little oil. I had to make several before I got it down pat. Cook time is approx. and per Tortilla.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour or 1⁄2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add the oil and water and mix well.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat (#7on my electric stove top).
- Brush skillet lightly with oil each time you pour new batter.
- For large tortillas I use a little over 1/2 cup of the batter.
- Pour batter into the skillet, turn using a large spatula.
- Cook until done.
- To keep them soft cover with towel.
Sorry, but I was disappointed with these. I'm not sure if it was my flours, but they took a long time to cook and were leathery and not very flavourful.