Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The is THE BEST gluten-free pizza crust!!! A terrific solution for those of us who have been deprived of restaurant pizza. I top this crust with garlic butter, parmesan & mozzarella cheeses and have garlic bread! This crust turns out best when made on a pizza stone.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Let rise till doubled in size.
- Combine flours, shortening and optional seasonings.
- Combine with risen yeast and remaining 1/2 cup of water.
- With oiled fingers, spread dough on pizza stone sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add pizza toppings; Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- ***Be generous with the flours as you measure and DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE DOUGH BEING RUNNY! THIS WILL PRODUCE A SOFTER, LIGHTER CRUST *** (I have been known to even add more water that was is called for).
This recipe was AWESOME! It TOO runny at first, but I added a little more starch and flour and it was easy to press into a pan. After reading reviews about the pizza not cooking in the middle, I baked the crust first wtihout toppings and pricked it with a fork. When it was almost finished cooking, I added the toppings. my mom (who is the one with the gluten allergy), LOVED IT! We have SEARCHED for a mix or a recipe that tastes right...this was IT!!! Even those without the gluten allergy LOVED it! no one could tell! Thank you so much! I'll be making this alot for my mom!!!!
This is the best Gluten Free Pizza Crust ever!!! I made it for lunch today and my hubby who refuses to eat gluten free for me never even realized that this was gluten free. It was delicious and definitely the recipe that we will use from now on. It was light and crispy and even held together like a normal pizza. At last I can eat real dough again! Thank You
Simple recipe to follow. We give 5 stars because of the easy directions, the texture, and mostly because of the minimal clean up! We substituted the potato starch for corn starch because that is what we had in the cupboard.