The is THE BEST gluten-free pizza crust!!! A terrific solution for those of us who have been deprived of restaurant pizza. I top this crust with garlic butter, parmesan & mozzarella cheeses and have garlic bread! This crust turns out best when made on a pizza stone.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Let rise till doubled in size.
- Combine flours, shortening and optional seasonings.
- Combine with risen yeast and remaining 1/2 cup of water.
- With oiled fingers, spread dough on pizza stone sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add pizza toppings; Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- ***Be generous with the flours as you measure and DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE DOUGH BEING RUNNY! THIS WILL PRODUCE A SOFTER, LIGHTER CRUST *** (I have been known to even add more water that was is called for).