Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
These won't last very long. This recipe is a family favorite adapted from spanish cookbook by Carmen Aboy Valdelluli for my gluten intolerant wife. Golden brown and delicious. ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F; grease either muffin pan or small loaf pan, and dust with rice flour.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix in milk, melted butter, vanilla, and already beaten egg.
- Fill pans 3/4 full and bake muffins if small 20 to 25 min or mini loaf for about 28 to 33 minutes.
Finally a gluten free corn bread recipe that makes moist muffins. These muffins are really good! I used 2% milk instead of the soymilk. This recipe makes 24 mini muffins and I baked them for 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven). Next time I will add some cheddar cheese and a 1/2-1 can of green chiles.
Delicious! I was skeptical since many other recipes were too dry; but, this is terrific! I might not add as much sugar. My finicky husband has a sweet tooth so he loved them! Rare occasion.
I need more stars! These muffins are AMAZING! They are gone in a heart beat both by those gluten intolerant and those not. I never make less than double and when company's coming, I have to triple the recipe to keep 'em happy! Thank you so much for posting this incredible recipe!