Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
These cookies are very nutty tasting and a hint of jam in each thumb print is perfect. It gives it that nut butter and jam sandwich taste which I love. I used Agave Nectar in mine instead of honey. I got this recipe from the Living Without website. If you don't have any Gluten Free flour its easy to make. Here's a simple recipe from Living Without: MAKES 2 CUPS 1 cup rice flour ½ cup tapioca starch/flour ½ cup cornstarch or potato starch Seal in an air tight container.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (Gluten Free)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (or margarine-1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup nut butter (sunflower seed)
- sugar, for rolling cookies
- 10 ounces jam, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter until white. Add sugar and honey and beat until fluffy. Add Sun butter and blend.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into mixture. Cover and allow dough to sit in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Using a medium-size or smaller ice cream scoop, scoop out dough and roll each one in sugar. Place sugar-coated balls on prepared cookie sheet.
- Press your thumb or index finger into the center of each ball. Fill indentation with jam of choice.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cookies will seem under-baked. Leave them on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to cooling rack.
- *TIP SunGold Sunbutter, made with sunflower seeds, is available at www.sunbutter.com.