Recipe by gemini jodi
We bought too much produce at the farmers' market, had to come up with a way to use some peaches & raspberries in their short life span. I found a good gluten-free (and egg-free) recipe for raspberry muffins & just customized it. (Much of the customization was due to a lack of baking supplies in the house...)
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix (I use Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemonade (I use Simply Lemonade)
- 1 cup fresh peach, diced, mixed with 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tins (line with papers or spray with no-stick spray).
- Combine first 6 ingredients (baking mix through cinnamon) in small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (canola oil through peaches) in large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, don't overmix. Fold in raspberries.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 to 2/3 full, bake regular size muffins 25-30 minutes, mini muffins 11-14 minutes.
- High altitude alterations (I live in Denver, did this myself): Add heaping 2 T. baking mix to the 2 cups of baking mix, make the 2/3 cup of oats a heaping 2/3 c., cut baking powder in peaches to 1/4 t.
- Can be baked in a loaf pan (baking time 40-50 min.), sliced & used with more fresh raspberries & peaches and some fresh whipped cream for a beautiful summer dessert.