Recipe by Only Gluten-Free Recipes
These noodles are deliciously addictive. Serve as a starter or top with chicken or fish
- 8 ounces of gluten-free noodles (brown rice or quinoa)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, plus some (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret, cut into small bite size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (button or shitake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions until el dente (cooked but still firm), just before you drain the noodles add broccoli for 30 seconds (long enough for the broccoli to be heated through then drain and rinse with cool water.
- While the noodles and broccoli are draining, heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the green onions and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute while stirring.
- Stir in agave nectar, tamari sauce and mushrooms. Cook for 1 more minute and then add the noodles with broccoli and stir until all the noodles are well covered with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced green onions. Enjoy.