Recipe by Elana's Pantry
We've been going wild with the Star Cookies lately, pulling out all of our cookie cutters and making them in every possible shape, then frosting them with my Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting. The boys (and I) are having a blast. http://www.elanaspantry.com/star-cookies-for-santa-lucia/ This recipe is also a part of my recent Gluten-Free Christmas Recipe Round-up post! http://www.elanaspantry.com/christmas-recipe-roundup/
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together coconut oil, agave and vanilla.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place dough in between 2 large pieces of parchment paper and roll out until ¼ inch thick.
- Remove top piece of parchment paper and cut out cookies with a small star cutter.
- Using a metal spatula, place stars on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° until lightly browned around the edges, 7-10 minutes.
- Cool completely prior to handling cookies.