Great when topped with whipped cream & berries or jam or chocolate spread. Note: it will not rise like normal wheat sponges do, but the taste is still delicious. All the members in my family thought so anyway :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- 2Add sugar bit by bit, beating at each addition until sugar dissolves.
- 3Sift cornflour and fold into the egg mixture.
- 4Bake in oven for around 20 minutes 160/180°C or until slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Sponge
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g