These easy-to-make icebox cookies are great during the holiday season, but also any other time of year!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup potato starch
- 3⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- melted white chocolate (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and add to butter mixture; mix well.
- Roll into 2" square or round logs; wrap and chill overnight (or longer).
- Slice and place on parchment-paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Decorate with melted white chocolate, if desired.