Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Cute little buns that are delicious any time of day! I like them not too sweet, but 1/4 cup of brown sugar can be added if desired.
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 -3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon egg white
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Microwave the buttermilk until almost warm.
- Add first 8 (or 9, if using brown sugar) ingredients to the bread machine in order given.
- Set the machine on "dough cycle".
- 5 minutes into the cycle, add in cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and vanilla.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from bread maker and place in a greased mini muffin pan. Make sure not to over-fill, as the dough will rise quite a bit!
- Place 1 chocolate chip on the top of each muffin.
- Cover with 2 tea towels and let rise in a warm, sheltered area for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375* F and bake for 7-8 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, prepare the glaze by melting the butter and cinnamon together in a microwave (about 10 seconds should do the trick).
- Stir egg whites into glaze mixture.
- Remove muffins from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- While the muffins are still warm (but chocolate chips are set), brush glaze overtop.