Recipe by Maeleigh
Just wanted to make some homemade Spaetzle that tasted like the normal kind since I'm new to the gluten free diet. I didn't want to miss out on the taste and this one tastes exactly, if not better than my homemade gluten kind that I make for my mother.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the Bob's Gluten Free baking mix with the salt.
- Lightly beat the eggs and then beat the milk into it as well.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the baking mix and mix well. The dough will be sticky.
- Use the flat side of a large cheese grater and put some of the dough on it and push though with a back and forth motion with a spatula, this will make little spaetzle balls. You can also use a Spaetzle maker but most of us don't have them.
- Boil the spaetzle till floating. Add the spaetlze to butter and add parmesan cheese or do whatever you wish with it. Good with a red sauce, cheese sauce, meat sauce or even just sauteed vegetables.