Recipe by PaulaG
No one will ever know. This cornbread is fantastic. Slather with butter or drizzle with honey or molasses.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten free cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk, powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the oil to a 10″ cast iron skillet and put the skillet in the oven to heat up.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredient. In a small dish, beat the eggs and add to dry ingredients, stir in water until desired consistency; mixing well.
- When oven comes to temperature, remove skillet, add oil to the cornbread mixture. Stir to combine. Pour batter into pan and place in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until well browned. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour the bread onto a plate and cut into 8 wedges.