1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Sourdough English Muffins
From King Arthur Flour. I have not tried these, but the photo looked so good, I thought I would post it for those who must avoid gluten. You need to use a gluten-free starter for this. Gluten-Free Sourdough Starter . AF sells a GF flour mix, but I imagine you can use any suitable mix. Apparently the muffins can be frozen. Prep time does not include the rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk dry ingredients together well.
- 2Add the dry ingredients to the starter and beat until well-blended.
- 3Add the water, oil, and egg to the mixture and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. The batter should resemble a thick paste.
- 4Cover the bowl and allow the batter to rise for 1 to 2 hours. It won't double in size, but will be noticeably puffy.
- 5Preheat your electric or stove top griddle to a medium heat and lightly spray 6 English muffin rings with oil. You can sprinkle the surface of the griddle inside the rings with cornmeal if desired to help prevent sticking.
- 6When the griddle is hot, divide the batter among the rings; cook until the bottoms are set, then carefully remove the rings.
- 7Cook for 7 to 10 minutes on the first side, then flip over.
- 8Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, or until the muffins reach an internal temperature of 210°F Transfer to a rack to cool completely before cutting and/or freezing.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Sourdough English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 507.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: