Recipe by duonyte
From the Red Star Yeast people. I have not made this, but am posting because of the interest in gluten-free recipes. You can use any type of ricotta - full-fat to non-fat. Instructions for both mixer and bread machine are included.
Top Review by viedvacker
Have made this twice now and it turned out great both times. It is a very forgiving recipe. The first time I substituted cottage cheese for the ricotta and it turned out great. The second time I used a mixture of flours, including brown rice, sorghum, and garbanzo bean. I used the brown rice sourdough starter. Thanks!
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free sourdough starter
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the wet ingredients (all at room temperature) in a large bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients very thoroughly. Mix together in a large bowl with a wire whist or in a gallon-sized plastic food storage bag.
- For bread machine: Pour the wet ingredients into the baking pan.
- Add dry ingredients on top.
- Set machine to a basic cycle and start the machine. Once the mixing action has gone on for a few minutes, use a spatula to make sure that all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
- When the baking cycle ends, let the bread stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool before slicing.
- For mixer: The wet ingredients can be mixed in the mixing bowl.
- With the mixer on a low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients until completely combined. Beat about 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Bake at 375 deg F for 60 minutes, testing for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack to cool before slicing.:.