Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A nice coffee cake to serve on a lazy Saturday morning with a cup of coffee or to take to work on those office party days. NOTE: This recipe can easily be made with all-purpose flour and no xanthan gum for those who do not have an issue with gluten.
Top Review by dette78
Great Coffee Cake! I had to bake it a lot longer than what was called for, but other than that it was easy. It's a great recipe for non-gluten eating people (my husband even loved it)!
* I made it with walnuts.
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10" bunt pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture.
- Gently top with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Cool completely then dust with confectioner's sugar.