Recipe by LARavenscroft
The store bought GF crackers just aren't that good and they're very expensive. I found this recipe somewhere on the internet. This recipe works best with a white rice flour blend.
Top Review by jbronwynne
These are great!!! I used Bob's All Purpose GF Flour and they turned out really well. I rolled mine out on parchment paper, scored them and stuck the whole thing on a cookie sheet...made it much easier. I will be making these many times!!! Thank you.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until very fine.
- Add the milk and egg and mix to make a stiff dough.
- Knead thoroughly and then roll the dough very thin - about 1/16".
- Cut into square or rounds and place on lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Prick the crackers with a fork and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely and store in an air tight container.
- NOTE: These taste best after they have cooled completely.