Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite cookies and I came up with this recipe by combining a few recipes. My husband (who can eat wheat) thinks they're great! Hope you enjoy them. UPDATE: Pamela's Ulitmate Baking & Pancake Mix includes baking soda and baking powder - if you substitute a GF flour mix that doesn't include baking soda and baking powder, you will need to add 1/2 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp baking powder.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add baking mix and cream of tartar.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Mix together 1 T sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll cookies in sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Our family loved these cookies. I had to use a different gluten free flour blend as one of the members in our family is allergic to nuts and Pamela's has almond meal in it. lsc
This is a great recipe. Very rich flavor! I love Pamela's and my family hasn't had to suffer since I had to go gluten-free. Maybe if you were new to cooking, it might be a struggle to get these to turn out perfectly, but my family is accustomed to homemade goodies. None of us have felt deprived. Thanks for sharing!
I couldn't wait to try this recipe because I really like snickerdoodles. I used all butter. They tasted really good. Mine spread out quite a bit. I baked the first dozen for 14 minutes for a chewy cookie and more than 16 minutes produced a darker and crispier cookie. I liked the chewy, my hubby liked the crispy. The crispy would make really good cookie crumbs. Thank you for sharing this recipe.