Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is one of my favorite cookies and I came up with this recipe by combining a few recipes. My husband (who can eat wheat) thinks they're great! Hope you enjoy them. UPDATE: Pamela's Ulitmate Baking & Pancake Mix includes baking soda and baking powder - if you substitute a GF flour mix that doesn't include baking soda and baking powder, you will need to add 1/2 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp baking powder.
Top Review by blcapshaw
Our family loved these cookies. I had to use a different gluten free flour blend as one of the members in our family is allergic to nuts and Pamela's has almond meal in it. lsc
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups Pamelas ultimate baking and pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add baking mix and cream of tartar.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Mix together 1 T sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll cookies in sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.