Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crisp, delicate, and buttery, these shortbread biscuits are a great treat to have on hand.
- 453.59 g butter, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 473.18 ml sweet rice flour
- 236.59 ml potato starch
- 236.59 ml light stoneground buckwheat flour
- colored sugar sprinkle, assorted colours (optional)
- Mix butter, both sugars (not coloured), and flour together.
- Work well with hands until it will hold together.
- Make 4 rolls about 1 1/2" in diameter, wrap, and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Slice 1/4" thick and arrange on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with sugar, if desired.
- Bake cookies in a preheated 350* oven for 10-15 minutes until very lightly burned around the edges.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Another excellent cookie, Katii! These are easy to make. I keep the rolls in my freezer, and just pull one out and wait a minute before slicing and baking. These are also nice with a bit of melted chocolate drizzled on them. The cookie is sweet, light and very fragile, good buttery taste, and melt in your mouth feel. Thanks for this recipe!