Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off Allrecipes. It's much better than the boxed stuff and now gluten free.
- 8 slice gluten free bread
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml celery salt
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 0.59 ml onion salt
- 0.25 ml dried parsley
- 0.25 ml dried oregano
- 0.25 ml dried basil
- Place bread slices on a tray in a 350 degree oven until they are toasted and dried out, about 15 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Process to a fine powder in either a food processer or blender.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and shake.
- Put in meat one piece at a time and shake to coat evenly.
Shake-n-bake was my guilty pleasure before being diagnosed with a gluten intolerance and this recipe has been a great replacement. It's super easy and tastes great! I don't include the garlic due to an allergy, and don't include the sea salt as the celery salt is more than enough (I did include it the first time and it was far too salty). All in all, a great and easy recipe for a mid-week meal!
I am so exciited to find this recipe!!! My mom is on a gluten free diet, but she loves fried chicken. Now she can eat her chicken without guilt!!!! Thank you for sharing! (:
5 Stars. This was quick and easy. Will be a very tasty coating for my chicken and fish to be baked in the oven. The herbs and salts are a great combination. *Reviewed during PAC Spring 08* Photo also to be posted