1/4 Photos of Gluten Free Scones
Chef #494491's Note:
I loved scones and had a lot of trouble finding a good recipe since being diagnosed with gluten intolerance - this is an adapted recipe from the BBC Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 250°C/475°F/Gas 9.
- 2Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Rub in the butter. Add the sultanas and gently mix together.
- 3Lightly whisk the eggs and natural yoghurt together.
- 4Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the egg and yoghurt mixture. Mix to soft dough, adding a little more natural yoghurt if necessary.
- 5Turn onto a rice-floured board and knead lightly, just enough to shape into a round. Roll out to about 2.5cm/1in thick and cut out rounds using a 5.5cm/2¼in cutter. Place on a rice-floured baking sheet and brush with a little egg wash.
- 6Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown on top. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 7Serve split in half with butter and jam.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Scones
Serving Size: 1 (759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 508.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: