1 hr 35 mins
This was one of the best types of stuffing I have ever had, so I wanted to remember exactly what I did! I used Wegmans store brand "sage pork sausage" but you could use a breakfast sausage, and perhaps add a little extra dried ground sage. If you need this to be gluten-free, be sure to check ALL your ingredients, including the sausage!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bread into 3/4" cubes.
- 2Optional: if bread is very fresh, put in the oven at 250F for about 10-15 minutes to slightly harden.
- 3In a large skillet, crumble sausage and cook until browned.
- 4Remove cooked sausage from pan, leaving drippings behind.
- 5Add 2 tbsp butter to pan.
- 6Add onion and celery, and cook over medium-low heat until tender.
- 7In a large bowl, combine bread, sausage, vegetables, and poultry seasoning. To prepare in advance, stop here and refrigerate.
- 8Mix the eggs into the chicken stock.
- 9Pour this liquid over the bread mixture and gently stir to mix.
- 10Pour from bowl into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- 11Cut remaining butter into small cubes and sprinkle over the stuffing.
- 12Bake at 375F until crispy on top and liquid has all absorbed into bread, about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 791.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.9 g