1/4 Photos of Gluten Free Sandwhich Bread
1 hr 50 mins
I created this by mixing my favorite recipes and came up with a winner! I have tried other flour combinations, but this is the best. I especially recommend you DO NOT substitute the sweet white sorghum. It is what really makes this bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweet white sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant dry yeast (Fleichmann's)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, for brushing top (optional)
- 1Mix all of your dry ingredients together, including the Instant Dry Yeast. (or rapid dry yeast).
- 2In a separate bowl, melt the butter; add warm water, vinegar, egg whites, egg and honey.
- 3Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- 4The batter should be thick and have an elastic consistency. Like a thick muffin batter.
- 5Grease a 9 x 5, or two 7 x 5 pans, and put batter in to rise.
- 6Melt more butter and brush top with if you want.
- 7Let rise 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of your pan.
- 8Bake 45 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Sandwhich Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 391.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: