Recipe by GinnyP
Another from "The Gluten-Free Kitchen", by Roben Ryberg. This is our favorite 'roll' so far.
Top Review by kaf96
these are the best rolls ever! they were super easy and were delicious! i use them for sandwich rolls, hamburger rolls, breakfast rolls, etc. if you want the rolls to be for a sandwich, wet your hands and form the dough into a flat disk.let the dough sit out for about a 1/2 hour, it will rise slightly so you can use them for sandwiches. i like to freeze mine so that they stay fresh longer
- 59.16 ml shortening
- 44.37 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 packet yeast (about 1 T)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml potato starch
- 236.59 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml xanthan gum
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well to remove all lumps.
- The dough will be quite wet.
- Wet hands to handle dough.
- (Re-wet hands as needed.) Take about 1/4 cup of dough and shape into a ball.
- Drop into greased baking tin.
- (I use muffin or popover tins.).
- Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle tests clean.
- (Maybe it's my oven, but mine bake in 14 minutes.).