Recipe by melonhead
An adapted version of a protein packed Rocky Road Cookie. A little crumbly, but what did you expect for gluten free cookie... maybe if we add Xanthan Gum?
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (Splenda Blend)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks or 1 (8 ounce) bag chips
- 93 miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper unless you're using a stone; set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed of electric hand mixer until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Stir nuts and chocolate chunks/chips into dough.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto stone/cookie sheet. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake 9 minutes or until cookies are almost set. (Centers will be soft. Do not over bake.) Remove stone/cookie sheet from oven; immediately press half of the marshmallows into tops of cookies. Slide parchment and cookies onto cooling rack; cool completely.