Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Bette Hagman recipe. For a lighter waffle , seperate the eggs. Beat the whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter after the dry ingredients. If you cant have soy-use a bean flour instead of the soy flour.
- 1 cup rice flour (use a finely ground, powdery flour)
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder, use a gluten-free blend
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs, oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in gently with a spoon.Fold in until just combined-do not overbeat.
- Bake in a heated waffle iron and serve.
These waffles were great! Nice texture that was easy on the roof of the mouth. The batter was like normal waffle batter, lumps and all. The only thing I did different from the recipe was to use melted butter instead of vegetable oil (I like the buttery taste) and a tsp of vanilla ( love that flavor too). I was very pleased and will make them again.