1/2 Photos of GLUTEN FREE Pumpkin Spice Bread
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is my GF adaptation of Recipe 71732, a much loved and devoured quick bread from my pre GF days. I am THRILLED to say that I think this recipe is as close to the original as GF can possibly be. It is moist, has that perfect heavy hearty texture and tastes simply divine! In my experience using an IMMERSION BLENDER, as opposed to a beater style, results in the creamiest, smoothest batter. As anyone who eats GF can attest to, it is hard to make a GF batter creamy and an immersion blender does this.You do have to use a spatula to ensure that you are getting the ingredients off the bottom and sides of the bowl more than you would with a traditional mixer, but that small inconvenience is worth it to me. I have never made this recipe with a traditional mixer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 3/4-1 teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices in a bowl and mix well-set aside.
- 3Combine Xanthan Gum and Oil in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Blend until smooth (I always use an immersion blender as opposed to a beater style mixer).
- 5Add pumpkin, sugar, eggs and water to oil and xanthan gum.
- 6Blend until smooth.
- 7Slowly add dry ingredients, about a cup at a time, blending well with each addition. (If using an immersion blender, use a spatula and extra care to ensure you are getting all of the ingredients off the bottom of the bowl).
- 8Grease a large bunt pan or two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
- 9Bake for 80-90 minutes (60-70 minutes for loaf pans) or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with no uncooked batter.
- 10Cool for 10-16 minutes (if you can wait that long).
- 11Invert pan(s) and tap bottom to release.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for GLUTEN FREE Pumpkin Spice Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: