I found this recipe on another website where people post recipes that are WW friendly. I decided to try and make it gluten-free and they were just delicious. This recipe makes 6 - 4 pancake servings and the WW points are 6 per serving.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine milk and next 3 ingredients.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks from.
- Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto a hot non-stick griddle or skillet.
- Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook other side.
These a really quite good! Light and fluffy, because of the egg white. I have been trying gluten-free recipes lately and some of them I don't care for the flavor or texture of the end product, but these were great. The pumpkin and cinnamon helps. I will be making these again, and I will experiment with other spices, such as nutmeg and ginger. I served mine with agave nectar.
Nice flavour. I found the batter a a bit too thick to pour so I spooned it into dolaps and flattened them with a wooden spatula. Next time I would add some orange juice to make it a little thinner before adding the eggs. I did not find it made 24 pancakes but approximately half that though probably that was related to the consistency. I used homemade gluten free flour with brown rice flour and sorghum flour and I wouldnt next time so I wont mention the proportions ect. I replaced the skim milk with rice milk as we are dairy free and the butter with canola oil. I used egg replacer for the eggs because of an allergy which I find worked fine though the pancakes didnt bubble but I think that was related to the batter thinness again. I served them with maple syrup drizzled on top and a dusting of ground cinnamon. Next time I would like to use a brown and white rice flour base without sorghum flour (corn based) as I would like to make these again.
Made just half a batch of these great tasting pancakes! Served these with a little bit of the canned pumpkin between the cakes & a drizzle of maple syrup AND a pinch of cinnamon on top! A very tasty breakfast! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]