Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe I have "de-glutened" for my son...a yummy way for us to celebrate Autumn. I found that this particular bread batter bakes better in the small (disposable) foil loaf pans rather than regular sized loaf pans. The perfect gift for neighbors, teachers, friends. I live in the Mile High City, so those not at altitude might need to tweak the leavening (baking soda, baking powder, salt) a bit.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 15 ounces pumpkin, or
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1⁄2 cup liquid (apple juice, milk, water, your choice)
- 4 cups gluten-free baking mix (I swear by Pamela's)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or prep 6 small loaf pans.
- In small bowl, combine oats and liquid (I prefer apple cider), set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together: eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, oil. I mix for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix dry ingredients: baking mix, baking soda, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, spices.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Divide batter equally into 6 prepped loaf pans.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.