Recipe by The Blender Girl
This recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 236.59 ml white rice flour
- 22.18-29.58 ml gluten free baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml fine celtic sea salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml agave nectar
- 236.59 ml sultanas or 236.59 ml raisins
- 1 organic egg
- 59.14 ml cold pressed canola oil
- 118.29-236.59 ml of plain mashed pumpkin
- 118.29 ml organic almond milk or 118.29 ml soy milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.