Recipe by valgal123
I haven't made these yet, but will give a report as soon as I do. I have made similar cake and it was great so I think these should be great. For those who might not have this flour blend, I will just say whats in it: garbanzo flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sweet white sorghum flour and fava flour.
Top Review by chearts3
OMG! this recipe is so good! I put a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin and a sprinke of spices in the frosting it was devine. Next time I make it I am going to add some chopped walnuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups bobs red mills all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground n)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (*note to make your own buttermilk, combine 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 Tbsp of vinegar or 1/2 cup lemon)
- 1.333 (8 1/8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, molasses and honey, until as light and fluffy as it will be, about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin purée and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Add the flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to the pumpkin batter, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Set paper cupcake holders in a muffin tin. Spoon the batter into the cupcake paper cups, close to the top of the cups. Bake approximately 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.