Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From an Aggie friend of mine...these are great. Can use canned pumpkin or cook a pumpkin...with or without nuts...very versatile! If you aren't gluten free, feel free to use regular flour. I also make mine with Coconut Palm Sugar which is non-refined, organic, low-glycymic index friendly sweetener. Hubby couldn't tell the difference!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour, blend (or regular!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (or Coconut Palm Sugar for refined sugar-free version)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- nuts, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix.
- Fold in nuts if using.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper and bake for 10-14 minutes.