Recipe by Taitertot
This pumpkin bread is so good, you won't even know it's gluten free. Perfect for autumn!
Top Review by laurenlikesfood
Probably the best gluten-free recipe I've tried yet, because it was so "normal" tasting (in the best possible way!) I temporarily forgot about my frustrating wheat allergy. Just awesome. I hadn't tried sorghum flour before, and it's really fantastic. Yay pumpkin, too! I agree with the person who says it could use some more spices; it's perfectly tasty as-is, but would be great with more cinnamon, ginger, etc.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 473.18 ml gluten-free flour, blend (recipe below)
- 7.39 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, and lightly grease a bread pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well after each one. Add Vanilla and pumpkin and mix until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake one hour to one hour and ten minutes.
- Gluten Free Flour Mix for Quick Bread: 1.5 cups white rice flour,1.5 cups sorghum flour, .5 cups tapioca starch, 4 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp xanthan gum.