This pumpkin bread is so good, you won't even know it's gluten free. Perfect for autumn!
Make and share this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees, and lightly grease a bread pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well after each one. Add Vanilla and pumpkin and mix until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour into prepared bread pan and bake one hour to one hour and ten minutes.
- Gluten Free Flour Mix for Quick Bread: 1.5 cups white rice flour,1.5 cups sorghum flour, .5 cups tapioca starch, 4 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp xanthan gum.
Probably the best gluten-free recipe I've tried yet, because it was so "normal" tasting (in the best possible way!) I temporarily forgot about my frustrating wheat allergy. Just awesome. I hadn't tried sorghum flour before, and it's really fantastic. Yay pumpkin, too! I agree with the person who says it could use some more spices; it's perfectly tasty as-is, but would be great with more cinnamon, ginger, etc.
To make more healthy: instead of 1 cup sugar, I used 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup palm sugar, and about 1/8 tsp pure white Stevia extract. Instead of 1/2 cup butter, I used 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup coconut oil. My GF baking mix was 3/4 c. brown rice flour, 3/4 c. millet flour, 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup tapioca starch, 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 1/4 tsp. xantham gum. Also increased spices (1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves). Turned out great!
I tried this tonight, and I am so happy! I LOVE pumpkin bread! I just went gluten-free 10 months ago, and I had no idea how I would face the Fall without pumpkin bread, but you have solved my problem! I followed the recipe as posted with the addition of a little cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top before baking. I think I may even try it with some pecans mixed in next time, although, it was really just great without! By the way, the kiddos liked it too! Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!!