Recipe by allergygrl
On my hunt to make a lower-fat moist gluten-free cake that cooked all the way through, I experimented with the base recipe for this "Pumpkin Cake" and converted it to my tastes. It was so moist and tasty that I had to post it! You can probably half it to make muffins, but I haven't officially tried that yet. You can add ginger and allspice to make it a spice cake too. Definitely serve to gluten-eaters guilt free; it's delicious! PS. for my rice flour mix I use "All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Mix"
Top Review by boyBarians3
Without a doubt the best gluten free cake ever - so flavorful and moist and the texture is incredible. It rises well and has a wonderful tender crumb. My entire family, even those not on the GF diet, love it. I agree that this can be served without hesitation to anyone GF or not. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free rice flour mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat eggs till fluffy in a large bowl.
- Blend in sugar, pumpkin, applesauce and oil by hand or with a mixer on low just until combined. Do not overmix!
- Add all dry ingredients, one at a time, blending together.
- Pour batter into a greased, large bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Check with a toothpick/fork to make sure it's done and enjoy!