Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A creation of mine mixing about three different recipes found on the internet. I am always on the hunt for something that my ridiculously extremely picky husband and son would eat that could help supply them with nutrients they may not otherwise consume. This was a big hit between them, which for me, is a win! Feel free to improvise and substitute!
- 2 1⁄2 cups oat flour (or powder old fashioned oats with mill blade)
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar (you can use less since it is very sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry (mashed or gently pureed)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, in s large mixing bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and protein powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, first mix agave nectar and oil, then add eggs, yogurt, and strawberries.
- Add flour mixture and thoroughly mx together with whisk or electric mixer.
- If using nuts, you can now mix into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased muffin pan (or use cupcake liners for less cleanup).
- Put muffin pan in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in one of the muffins.