- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg and add corn sryrup.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and add; mix well.
- Shape into 7" pencil sized ropes.
- Form into a horseshoe and bring ends down to center of rope overlapping and pressing ends forming a pretzel shape.
- Arrange on greased baking sheets, and chill for 30 minutes to help retain shape.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Dip in chocolate once cooled if desired.