Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this from a couple of recipes, Five Flavor Pound Cake (#24612) and a Gluten Free Poppy Seed Pound Cake (#174118). Use at least four of the flavors. It may not sound if it will taste good, but the combination of flavors make it sooooo tasty and brings a lot of flavor to something that could be bland due to using gluten free flour. I had to make a second one after my daughter and I kept stealing slices of the first one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Tom Sawyer brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix (make sure it's gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sour cream, and sugar.
- You can use any combination of the extracts, but use at least four of them.
- Mix eggs and extracts with butter / sugar mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and pudding mix.
- Add to wet mixture and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into greased 9 inches x 5 inches x 3 inches loaf pan.
- Cook for 35-40 minute or until knife poked in center comes out clean.