Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is great, because it always ends up moist and yummy. It leaves room for you to be creative. It can be a fix for whatever you are in the mood. It is very quick and easy, and my daughter who has Celiac enjoys helping make this every time....if you in a time bind, this works really well. We use this a lot for church gatherings so my daughter has something yummy she can have. I usually stick to the yellow cake mix with chocolate pudding mix and chocolate icing. I have done Yellow cake mix with banana pudding mix before and that is awesome too (especially when you sprinkle miniature chocolate chips on top before baking!!).
- 1 (15 ounce) box cake mix (whatever floats you boat yellow, chocolate, etc.)
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant pudding mix, most pudding mixes are gf but you should always check your labels (this is where you can be really creative and choose your own flavoring. I prefer chocolate instant p)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (canola oil should work too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb frosting, any flavor (again most are GF but you should always check you labels)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and grease fluted bundt cake pan well with cooking spray (don't be afraid to use a little more cooking spray in your pan as you want the cake to come out without sticking).
- Mix first 2 ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork. Then add wet ingredients. Beat at medium speed for 2 minute. Pour into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick insterted comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Turn upside down on serving tray.
- Microwave container of frosting for 30 sec. stirring after. Repeat this until the frosting is melted and runny. Drizzle over cake to your liking. Serve warm or cooled!
Very delicious! I was unsure about making alterations to a gluten free cake mix, since gluten free baked goods are so tricky, but it turned out great! I used a vanilla cake mix and chocolate pudding. The cake was a little dense, but the texture was soft and slightly springy, and the cake was very moist. I used Okitsme's Cooked Fudge Frosting (Recipe #477405) which made it really decadent. Everyone loved it, and no one would have guessed it was gluten free!