Recipe by baz938
This recipe is great, because it always ends up moist and yummy. It leaves room for you to be creative. It can be a fix for whatever you are in the mood. It is very quick and easy, and my daughter who has Celiac enjoys helping make this every time....if you in a time bind, this works really well. We use this a lot for church gatherings so my daughter has something yummy she can have. I usually stick to the yellow cake mix with chocolate pudding mix and chocolate icing. I have done Yellow cake mix with banana pudding mix before and that is awesome too (especially when you sprinkle miniature chocolate chips on top before baking!!).
Top Review by Elisa72
Very delicious! I was unsure about making alterations to a gluten free cake mix, since gluten free baked goods are so tricky, but it turned out great! I used a vanilla cake mix and chocolate pudding. The cake was a little dense, but the texture was soft and slightly springy, and the cake was very moist. I used Okitsme's Cooked Fudge Frosting (Recipe #477405) which made it really decadent. Everyone loved it, and no one would have guessed it was gluten free!
- 1 (15 ounce) box cake mix (whatever floats you boat yellow, chocolate, etc.)
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant pudding mix, most pudding mixes are gf but you should always check your labels (this is where you can be really creative and choose your own flavoring. I prefer chocolate instant p)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (canola oil should work too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb frosting, any flavor (again most are GF but you should always check you labels)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and grease fluted bundt cake pan well with cooking spray (don't be afraid to use a little more cooking spray in your pan as you want the cake to come out without sticking).
- Mix first 2 ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork. Then add wet ingredients. Beat at medium speed for 2 minute. Pour into pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until toothpick insterted comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Turn upside down on serving tray.
- Microwave container of frosting for 30 sec. stirring after. Repeat this until the frosting is melted and runny. Drizzle over cake to your liking. Serve warm or cooled!