Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This healthier potato salad is perfect for picnics and barbecues. Replacing potato with cauliflower is a trick that I learned from the "low-carbers." And it is a good one! http://www.elanaspantry.com/no-potato-salad/
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, veganaisse
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Chop cauliflower into small florets (½ inch).
- Steam cauliflower on the stove until fork-tender, not more or a stronger "cauliflower" smell develops.
- Allow cauliflower to cool then place in a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, parsley and egg.
- Stir in veganaisse, mustard and salt.
I've always loved cauliflower salads, but usually make them with raw cauliflower. This steamed cauliflower salad was fantastic! I'm not even a low-carb dieter, but I would chose this salad over potato salad just because it's delicious. I made this with regular (non-vegan) mayonnaise, but made no other changes. Thanx!