1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe from Friendly Food Recipes for Life by Royal Prince Albert Hospital Allergy Unit. This dough produces a very acceptable bread roll. It has a bagel-like crust and chewy texture. Potato rolls can be frozen. Wrape them in foil to reheat in oven. Original recipe did not give a quanity for salt, so not sure if this is the correct amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine warm water, yeast and half the sugar. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Add oil and potatoes to yeast mixture.
- 3Stir in 1 cup potato flour along with salt.
- 4Add 2 beaten eggs.
- 5Beat 1 minute with wooden spoon.
- 6Stand in warm place until mixture forms a sponge. It willrise and look foamy.
- 7Add rest of flour to make a firm dough.
- 8Stand in warm place until doubled in bulk.
- 9Using extra potato flour, shape dough into rolls. Place on lightly oiled oven trays.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap.
- 11Stand in warm place and let rise.
- 12Uncover and glaze with beaten egg (whole egg).
- 13Bake at 190 deg C for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Potato Bread Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g