Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
You will never guess that this is gluten free. It's very yummy, and it freezes well.
Make and share this Gluten Free Poppy Seed Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups white bean flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon egg substitute
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (85 g) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except poppy seeds.( Do not prepare vanilla pudding, just add crystals) Beat for 2 minutes.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour mixture into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
This is excellent! I made this last night and made a few changes...I used brown rice flour instead of the bean flour and I used lemon instant pudding instead of vanilla and I used 1 t. of lemon juice instead of the egg substitue. It was very moist and delicious! The kids loved it and I will definitely be making more of this really soon! Thanks for submitting it!!
It's ok. Does NOT taste like cheesecake. Does have a beany taste. Bad after taste.
Taste great. My husband said it remnded him of cheese cake. Easy to make and very moist. It taste grrrrrrrrrrreat!!!