Recipe by Kirby
A simple, straightforward gluten free pizza dough recipe. Also egg free! From one of the Mom's that raised me...thanks Alice! Omit the xanthan gum if your mix already includes it.
Top Review by MakeMineCadburys
Wow - awesome! I used a mixture of flours: the first cup, I used brown rice flour. The for the second cup, into a measuring cup, I put in about 1/2 c millet flour, 1/4ish cup of sorghum flour, heaping tablespoon of potato starch and heaping tablespoon of corn starch, then filled the rest of the 1 cup measure with brown rice flour. I was concerned with the texture - it reminded me of cake batter or brownie batter, but I used a scraper and spread it across the pan and it worked wonderfully! I did let the dough sit for about 20 minutes before I put it in the oven. Thanks for posting this recipe!!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, mix (such as Pamela's or this recipe here #184330 by Charlotte J)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope yeast
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together and add oil and water, mixing well.
- Pat onto lightly oiled pizza pan with hands.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 oven for 20 minutes.
- Add your choice of delicious toppings.
- Bake another 15 minutes, or until cheese and crust start to get golden brown.