1/6 Photos of Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
From Carol Fenster's "Special Diet Solutions".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml dry yeast
- 158.51 ml brown rice flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend) or 158.51 ml gram flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend) or 158.51 ml fava bean flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend)
- 118.29 ml tapioca flour
- 29.58 ml powdered milk (Dairy alternative, 2 T tapioca flour or sweet rice flour in place of 2 T dry milk powder or non-dair) or 29.58 ml non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (Dairy alternative, 2 T tapioca flour or sweet rice flour in place of 2 T dry milk powder or non-dair)
- 9.85 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml unflavored gelatin
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 158.51 ml water (110 degrees F)
- 2.46 ml sugar or 2.46 ml honey or 2.46 ml agave syrup
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml cider vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In medium bowl using regular beaters (not dough hooks), blend all ingredients on low speed.
- 3Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- 4(If mixer bounces around bowl, dough is too stiff. Add water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, until dough does not resist beaters.) Dough will resemble soft bread dough.
- 5Put mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or 11 x 7-inch pan (for deep dish version).
- 6Liberally sprinkle rice flour on dough, then press dough into pan, continuing to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking to hands.
- 7Make edges slightly thicker to hold toppings.
- 8Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Spread pizza crust with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- 11Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 207.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: