1/6 Photos of Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
From Carol Fenster's "Special Diet Solutions".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend) or 2/3 cup gram flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend) or 2/3 cup fava bean flour (I use 'garfava' flour which is a blend)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (Dairy alternative, 2 T tapioca flour or sweet rice flour in place of 2 T dry milk powder or non-dair) or 2 tablespoons non-dairy powdered coffee creamer (Dairy alternative, 2 T tapioca flour or sweet rice flour in place of 2 T dry milk powder or non-dair)
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or 1/2 teaspoon honey or 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In medium bowl using regular beaters (not dough hooks), blend all ingredients on low speed.
- 3Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- 4(If mixer bounces around bowl, dough is too stiff. Add water if necessary, one tablespoon at a time, until dough does not resist beaters.) Dough will resemble soft bread dough.
- 5Put mixture on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or 11 x 7-inch pan (for deep dish version).
- 6Liberally sprinkle rice flour on dough, then press dough into pan, continuing to sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking to hands.
- 7Make edges slightly thicker to hold toppings.
- 8Bake pizza crust for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Spread pizza crust with your favorite sauce and toppings.
- 11Bake another 20 to 25 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 207.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: