Recipe by tastetester #2
Crusty, home-made pizzas fresh out of the oven. Mmmm…what’s more, they’re gluten free! This recipe helps you make pizza crust from scratch. Just pile on your favorite topping and pop it in the oven. http://www.easydinnerrecipes.ca/gluten-free-pizza.html
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces rice flour
- 3 ounces cornflour
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the yeast and half of the warm water and stir till the yeast has dissolved completely. Add the sugar and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven 425 deg F and grease a large pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, cornflour, potato flour, olive oil and salt and mix well. Add in the yeast mixture and mix well. Add the remaining warm water, only a little at a time and keep mixing until you get a thick dough.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pizza pan making sure it spreads out evenly. Bake for 5 minutes until the pizza crust looks lightly baked.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and lower the temperature to 375 deg F.
- Layer the toppings of your choice on the pizza. Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- When you are pouring the dough into the pizza pan, start by pouring it towards the center of the pan. This will help to spread it out evenly.